You can see how many elements are in these little bad boys.
I added the M&M’s on top just to give it a little aesthetic touch. And the cookies look so cheerful with the colorful M&M’s on top!
The oatmeal gives a great texture to the cookies. Not too soft, kind of chewy and firm.
I reduced the amount of sugar since i afraid it would be too sweet when there’re already so much chocolate inside. I am glad I did, because the white chocolate is really sweet.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal M&M’s Cookies (Adapted from Averie Cooks)
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned whole oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup M&M’s
1. In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and peanut butter together. Power on for 30 seconds, take out, stir. Repeat. Should take no more than about 90 seconds.
2. Add the brown & white sugar to the melted butter & peanut butter mixture and stir. Set this is the freezer to cool for a couple minutes.
3. Remove from the freezer (or just wait for the mixture to come to room temp on it’s own) and add the egg + yolk (you just don’t want to add eggs to that hot mixture. We don’t want scrambled eggs here), add the vanilla extract, and stir.
4. Then add the flour, oats, baking soda and stir. You should have cookie dough consistency dough and if you don’t, either add a touch more flour if it’s too wet or a touch more peanut butter if it’s too dry.
5. Finally, add the white chocolate chips and stir.
6. Roll or spoon out golf ball sized balls onto a cookie sheet, press down a little, place a few M&M’s on the dough if you are adding any. Leave the cookies about 2 inches apart.They spread but not tons.
7. Bake at 325F for about 12 minutes(or less for softer texture). The cookies will look pretty raw even at 12 minutes and that’s ok. Take them out and let the sit and cool well before eating.
Makes about 22 to 24 cookies