One of the reasons why I like this recipe is all stirring happens in a non-stick pan. It makes all utensils so easy to wash!
The brownie base is simple and you can always add whatever you like into the batch
adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (I’ve tried white and brown, both works for me)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 baking powder
- Optional: Chocolate chips/Nuts (almond, pecan, hazelnuts, macadamia)/ Marshmallow/ Dried Fruits/ Cream Crackers
(actually anything dry and you think will work well in your brownies)
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees C, grease an 8 inch square pan
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, remove from heat once melted.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt into the mixture and stir well
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE (In order not to overcook it, I cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 3-5 minutes)
It’s really important to make sure not to over bake the brownies, otherwise you will come up with a hard and dry crust with flaky middle. Although it will still be tasty, you’ll miss the chocolaty gooey goodness.