Slice or cutout cookies are somehow tricky for me. They break into pieces so easily after baked, or, well, even when i line them on the baking sheet.
But I found this hazelnut dough very easy to handle. No mess, no fuss.
It just melt in your mouth and the fragrant of hazelnut really pops out.
As the recipe calls for no egg, the cookies can stay in the airtight container for longer time. The texture remains exactly the same as yesterday!
- 125g butter
- 40g sugar
- 85g ground hazelnut
- 150g bread flour
- 1g baking soda
- optional: hazelnuts or chocolate chips on top
1. Cream the butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Mix in ground hazelnut.
3. Sieve in flour and baking soda and fold until just combined. Do not over mix.
4. After folding, form the dough into a log and put into fridge until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 180c.
6. Cut the dough to the desired thickness and put the hazelnut or chocolate chips on the cookies
7. Bake at 180c for 12 mins or until golden brown
makes 40 cookies