95g butter, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
75g bread flour
2 tsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
15g diced almonds
1. Toast the almonds at 150c until slightly golden brown, cool aside
2. Preheat the oven at 180c.
3. Cream the butter and sugar, then slowly add in the egg
4. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and cocoa, fold to combine, but do not over mix
5. Add in the almond, fold until just fully incorporated
6. (The mixture will look a bit sticky and wet, it’s ok.) Scrap it onto a lined baking sheet, flatten the surface and sprinkle the diced almonds on top
7. Bake at 180c for about 20 minutes. Cut it into pieces when still hot and soft. Ready to serve when the cookies are cool and set.