It’s fall, time to have pie. most importantly, topped with a generous scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream
The good thing (and the most important thing) about making a pie is the crust. It can be made ahead and it will always wait for you in the freezer until anytime you wanna have some fancy treats and just work with anything you have on hand: banana, apple, chocolate ganache, lemon curd… and this time, i have got a patch of crunchy pecans
So here is my chocolate pecan pie for tonight.
- Your favorite 9-inch pie crust recipe
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, browned and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk (any fat content is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
Makes 1 9-inch pie
1. Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
2. In large bowl, beat the eggs until slightly foamy. Stir in the browned butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk together until fully combined. Stir in the flour, milk, and vanilla. Add the pecans and stir until they are fully coated.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F for 10 minutes, and then lower the oven to 325°F and bake for another 40-50 minutes, or until the top no longer jiggles in the center. Cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!